[Year 12 SofDev] ER diagrams v data structure diagrams for 2011

Alex Galle galle.alex.l at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Nov 4 16:11:50 EST 2010

Hi All

Going back into a past life an ER diagram was simply created to establish
the entities and relationships that exist in what would become a relational
database. No detail was required with respect to each entity other than a
name. The DSD on the other hand identified all of the fields within each
entity, the key field/fields. The relationships were indentified as being
one to one, one to many etc ensuring that the model created was indeed
relational and that a working RDB could be created.

I will go through my old resources to see if what I used is still available.
If successful I will pass the details on to the list.

Regards

Alex Galle