[Year 12 SofDev] Larry Johnson - VITTA keynote speaker - apologies for x-post

Bridie Mackay bridie at vitta.org.au
Fri Oct 30 12:00:41 EST 2009

VITTA Conference 2009

Slide to Open - digital learning
Monday 22 - Wed 23 November
Grandstand, Flemington Racecourse

Sessions filling fast so register now!
Registration prizes: For each week that registrations are open, one lucky delegate will win one of these fabulous prizes: netbook, iPod nano, Blue Snowball USB microphone, digital pen note-taker, Nintendo Wii console, iPod Touch and a Flip digital camcorder, Kindle 2 e-book reader, and more!

The VITTA conference will commence on Monday 23 November 2009 with distinguished keynote speaker Larry Johnson setting the scene for a three day program of inspiring presentations, hands-on workshops and special events.

' Seven ways technology is unfolding, everywhere we look '
Larry Johnson, Chief Executive Officer, New Media Consortium

After nearly a decade of tracking the evolution of emerging technology as part of the New Media Consortium's Horizon Project, Johnson has uncovered seven clear patterns in the evolution of technology that can only be seen over time. While the technologies and practices seen in the Horizon Reports are being implemented in ways that reflect local constraints and challenges, it is clear that these underlying patterns are at the heart of how learning, work and play are evolving worldwide and in every sector of education.
Many of the things highlighted in past Horizon Reports have already become quite commonplace; others are still unfolding, converging and morphing. While the currents and eddies of emerging technology are complex, it is clear that what the Horizon Project has been detailing are developments fueled by these seven profound channels of change.
Join Project Founder Larry Johnson as he outlines the pathways of innovation and technological evolution that he believes are deeply impacting how we think about our world, and how we teach, learn, create, and even communicate.

Larry Johnson is Chief Executive Officer of the New Media Consortium (NMC), an international consortium of nearly 300 world-class universities, colleges, museums, research centers, and technology companies dedicated to the exploration and application of emerging technologies. Larry is an acknowledged expert on the effective application of technology to learning, research, and creative expression, and has worked extensively to build common ground among universities, museums and schools across North America and in more than a dozen other countries.

Don't miss out on this important professional learning opportunity.

Hurry, register now!

___________________________________

Bridie Mackay
Senior Project Officer