[Year 12 SofDev] SD Post mortem

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Nov 19 17:23:19 EST 2009

You could be right there, Adrian.  I did skim over the question since I
was getting rather weary and time-poor by that stage.  Yes.  If
technical specs are right, you can safely assume hardware/software
compatibility.  I will have to revisit that...

Thanks Adrian!

Adrian Janson wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I have a (small) question / issue about your answer to Q9.
>
> I would argue that the two suppliers have scanners "with the right technical
> specifications" and this then rules out your possibilities:
> - Compatibility with other hardware (e.g. port type) > can it be plugged
> into their computers and run at full speed?
> - Compatibility with software and operating system (e.g. does it have a
> driver?) > Can it be controlled, and can its features be exploited? Does it
> produce images in an acceptable format?
> - Functionality > Does the equipment have features required by the buyer
> (e.g. OCR)? Is its maximum resolution adequate?
> - Accuracy > Does it produce quality output?
> - Performance > How long does it take to perform a scan?
>
> And possibly rules out some of the others.  The question also rules out the
> price as being a comparison.  I feel that the question is really asking us
> to compare the suppliers.
>
> - Is the supplier based locally?
> - Do they offer good after sales support?
> - Does the supplier have a good reputation?
>
> My 5c
> Cheers,
> Adrian

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
McKinnon Rd, McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085 Fax +613 9578 9253

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

Why do people mis-spell 'grammar' and mispronounce 'pronuniciation'?