[Year 12 SofDev] Date calculations

Leanne Wright leannejwright at hotmail.com
Thu May 21 15:50:49 EST 2009

Can anyone help me with VB6 code for the following task. My students are working on a program which will allow a discount on goods purchased before 30th June 2009. I have tried the following line of code:

 if val(txtDate.text) < #1/7/09# then

etc. etc

However this gives a discount to dates before and after the cut off date.  I have also tried declaring orderdate as a variable of type date and also changing 'val' to 'dateval' in the above code but this then gives no discount at all regardless of the date. I thought this would be simple to code but am tearing my hair out. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. Leanne Wright - Epping SC