[Year 12 SofDev] Modulo function

Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Mon Nov 17 16:55:38 EST 2008

Hello Mark

I find that most students don't even remember what a remainder is in
ordinary arithmetic.
That aside, if by 'workings' you mean simply that it results in a remainder
then possibly, but from a language-independent/generic point of view there
is a problem: there isn't one definition, nor is there a single way of being
implemented. In fact in some languages it is implemented as a function,
while in others it's an operator.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modulo_operation

So....(is there an emoticon for a shrug with a 'dunno' look on one's face?)

Regards
Robert T-A