[Year 12 SofDev] VB.net reference guide

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri May 16 12:00:06 EST 2008

Actually, I find it sometimes useful to reinvent the wheel - it
solidifies learning much more strongly than just reading what someone
else put together.

I remember once creating my own spreadsheet program using Visual Basic :
it was truly terrible, limited and hideously slow, but I learned a huge
amount about spreadsheets as well as discovering concepts like stacks
and sparse-array programming and then developing algorithms to cope with
them.

Andrew Grimshaw wrote:
> HI every1
>
> does any1 know of a simple reference for VB.net functions that outlines
> what they do and what arguments they require?
>
> i have found that the built-in one on visual studio contains alot more
> info than my students need
>
> I have looked on the net and havent found anything suitable
>
> (ill probably end up typing one myself, but id rather not reinvent the
> wheel!)
>
> andrew grimshaw
> colac secondary college

Manager - Information Systems
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 95789253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

A conclusion is the place where you got sick of thinking.
If you Declare War - is it integer or boolean?