[Year 12 SofDev] What is considered to be a module?

andrew wenn andrew.wenn at gippslandgs.vic.edu.au
Mon May 5 15:41:56 EST 2008

Hi,

This is my first time ever teaching VCE Software Development.

The IT study design asks that the software development 3 students develop a software module as part of Outcome 2 but is strangely silent on what a module is.

The text Dawson and Janson is not helpful here either.

If I use the example assessment task from the study design that involves the quotes for painting. Then from my point of view I see this as being broken into an number of modules, two of which may be a module to gather customer details and another to do the actual costing. But as a programming task these seem to be rather small. Am I on the wrong track here?

Any clarification/suggestions gratefully received.

Dr Andrew Wenn
Head of IT
Gippsland Grammar
Sale, Victoria

"This electronic message transmission contains information that is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us by telephone immediately."