[Year 12 SofDev] Mobile phone computing

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Jul 28 12:31:00 EST 2008

Programming for mobile devices.

 From APC mag, August 2008, page 13...

"One game manufacturer at a Nokia event a couple of years ag0 told APC
that for every game they create, 624 different versions had to be made
to work on all the popular handset screen sizes, operating system and
CPU combinations.  No wonder the games sell at outrageous prices."

It goes on to discuss how Apple can change all that by defining both the
hardware and OS.  Also Google's Android might be a way to make
programming on portable devices easier.

A good read!

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
McKinnon Rd, McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085 Fax +613 9578 9253

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

I worship the ground you walk on, because I like grounds.  You, I'm not
so keen on.