[Year 12 SofDev] Test data question

Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Sun Oct 14 16:49:45 EST 2007

Hello Frank

Yes, although if one were designing test data from a program specification
eg 'when x is more than 50, blah blah must happen', rather than from code
(somewhere I once read a useful distinction here: 'black box' testing v
'white box' testing), then the three values become important since we don't
know what the programmer actually coded.

I would agree with the incorrect data type being tested as well, especially
in languages that don't have any data typing to speak of.

Regards
Robert T-A
Brighton SC