[Year 12 SofDev] SD VITTA exam 2, multichoice #1

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Sat Oct 13 20:29:31 EST 2007

Hi Robert,

Sorry about the pascal/java/C mix up re the for loop syntax  ( he says
blushing ! ) and thanks for the correction.
I dug up my old pascal book from 1980 to confirm .....

> Also also, MS BASIC (and VB) is the only language I've come across that
> allows the keyword WHILE (and UNTIL I think) to be used at the top or
> bottom
> of a loop

I take it you mean the only language other than Pascal here ...?

You make the more important point about correct algorithmic representaion.
Perhaps we need a decision from the VCAA regarding this just like we do with
other subjects.
The same goes for certain representations that are software specific such as
data types ( eg. MS Access ), or Project Management ( MS Project ) as well
as DFD representation where Yourdon/DeMarco style is quite common but not
the only one found in books.

Take Care

Kevork Krozian
Edulists Creator and Administrator