[Year 12 SofDev] SD VITTA exam 2, multichoice #1

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Oct 12 13:41:48 EST 2007

I just did it in VB6, but the syntax requires the LOOP keyword as well...

A=3
DO
	msgbox A
	A=A-1
LOOP WHILE A>0

I haven't touched FORTRAN for 30 years, so it's a bit hard to remember,
however I admit that after a quick Google, I couldn't find a DO..WHILE
example with a post-test.

Frank Van Den Boom wrote:
> I could be wrong but, I don't think Pascal or VB support a while
> statement in which the test is at the end of the loop. I would also be
> doubtful about Fortran77 i.e.
>
> Do
> ..
> ..
> While count < 10
>
> I can't make this work in VB.NET.
> Do you have a short procedure that demonstrates this working in VB?
> To be honest, I still wonder if we are talking on the same wavelength
> here?
>
> Frank

>>> B. Do..Until
>>> C. For..Next
>>> D. EOF"
>>>
>>> The suggested answer given is A, with the explanation that 'Do..Until
>
>>> is often referred to as testing at the bottom of the loop...'
>>>
>>> But surely both do..while and do..until both test at the bottom of
>>> the
>>> loop.
>>>
>>> A While..Wend, on the other hand, tests at the top.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mark Kelly
>>
>> --
>> Mark Kelly
>

> --
> Mark Kelly

Manager - Information Systems
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 95789253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

You'll know when we are officially a civilised race: our schools have
all the money they need and the Air Force has to run a chook raffle to
buy a new bomber.