[Year 12 SofDev] Notebook Programs

Phil Feain feainpa at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 16:17:29 EST 2007

Hi all

I was wondering what people's experience was with the introduction of laptop
programs into their schools now that we are a few years in. There are a few
debates going on in our school about advantages and disadvantages of these
programs and I'd like some external opinions to assist with some decision
making and planning.

I'd appreciate if you take some time to drop me some feedback.

I am interested in people's experiences particularly with things such as:

1. What sort of planning went into the programs?

2. Who made the decisions?

3. What sort of methodologies were used, if any? (Business cases, project
management, etc)

4. What were the objectives of the program/s?

5. Did it deliver what you expected it to?

6. Positives and negatives.

7. Would you do it again?

Cheers

Phil Feain