[Year 12 SofDev] SAC31 - 4 samples for your reading pleasure

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Tue Mar 20 00:23:53 EST 2007

Hi Folks,

 I have posted 4 SACS from your colleagues for the SAC31 assessment in the password protected area of Edulists.

Mine is in there as a revamp of the VITTA sample ( Boards , Blades etc ) . The product is irrelevant and it could have just as easily have been tiles or insulation or any other product.

I rewrote the task to focus on several areas :

1. The use of wireless WAN options as thrown at us in the 2006 exam with a microwave link over 5 km as an option to consider ( remember the greenhouse ??) . I have deliberately worded my SAC to have 3 stores with a clear line of sight between them and asked for advanatages and disadvantages of each option from microwave, radio and leased line.

2. I have asked for technical solutions to spyware, viruses, trojans and other security threats as is highlighted in the study design.

3. I have focussed on wireless security within LANs at each store.

4. I have tried to focus on network hardware components explicitly

5. I have tried to work on a Client / server model of a new information system network solution

As always, comments always welcome - it is called professional development.

Best wishes
Kevork Krozian
Mailing List Creator and Administrator
kevork at edulists.com.au