[Year 12 SofDev] My U3O1 SACs and assessment guide - UPDATE!

Adrian Janson jansona at bigpond.net.au
Sun Mar 18 15:44:13 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I have updated my files that I previously posted on the VITTA web site. here
are the links:

http://www.vitta.org.au/resources/detail.php?doc_id=3160

http://www.vitta.org.au/resources/detail.php?doc_id=3161

Please download the files from the VITTA web site and disregard the ones I
previously posted.

As has been correctly pointed out to me, U3O1 needs to be styled as a report
- not as a set of tasks or questions.  Although this was always my
understanding - I do ask my students to deliver a report (and not just
answers to questions), the wording in my U3O1 document could have been
interpreted as being a set a questions rather than a report.  One of the
reasons I break up the report in this way is so that I can ask students to
address particular things during particular classes.  I need to clarify this
with you, so that you all know what is expected in this outcome.

The second thing that I have changed is in relation to the weighting of the
tasks.  The VASS system will ask you to enter a mark out of 40 (for the
report) + a mark out of 10 (for the network diagram).  If you have a
different weighting in the criteria sheet (as I did - opps!), things will
become a little confusing when it comes time to enter your marks into the
VASS system.

Hope this clarifies things!

So to ensure that I haven't let you all astray, please delete the files that
I posted previously and access the new ones via the links above!

Cheers,

Adrian

Adrian Janson

VITTA President