[Year 12 SofDev] More fun

Dr Paul Chandler paul.chandler at YVG.vic.edu.au
Tue Mar 13 15:31:43 EST 2007

... To which we could add a few more:

- conversion of a number in one base to any other (using the 'division
method')
- digit-by-digit addition
- digit-by-digit subtraction using decomposition method
- digit-by-digit subtraction using equal additions method
- demonstration of long division
- derivation of square roots (manual method, similar to long division)

-----Original Message-----
From: sofdev-bounces at edulists.com.au
[mailto:sofdev-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Mark Kelly
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 3:10 PM
To: sod
Subject: [Year 12 SofDev] More fun - and a fix

Fixed Fun #6 - given a price including 10% GST, give the ex-tax price
and the tax component, e.g. $11 inc = $10 ex + $1 GST.

New Fun #10 - given an integer number of dollars, calculate what notes
or coins need to be given as change from $100.  e.g. $67 = 1 x $20, 1 x
$10, 1 x $2, 1 x $1.

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
McKinnon Rd McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia Direct line / Voicemail:
8520 9085 School Phone +613 8520 9000 << new number!
School Fax   +613 9578 9253

Webmaster - http://www.mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au IT Lecture notes:
http://vceit.com
Moderator: IPM Mailing List

Doctor - We must all face reality sooner or later.
Dowd   - I wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm happy to
say I won out over it.  ('Harvey', 1950)