[Year 12 SofDev] Hardened PHP Project

David Dawson dgdawson at mgs.vic.edu.au
Wed Mar 7 09:41:05 EST 2007

Yes, there are vulnerabilities - and there always have been.
But there are also difficulties in making any application secure and
there is nothing new here.
So in the interest of fairness I provide this link about the top 10 most
common VB.Net vulnerabilities in application config files so that you
can ensure your students do not get a one-sided picture ... the problems
are not found in only one language:
http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/32493
It is important to realise that when we use (or call) complex objects
provided by others, in our applications, that we do not necessarily
understand what internal switches are left "on" or what data can be
delivered or accessed through "back doors".
Does anyone know, for example, if the MS Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
vulnerabilities in Windows XP were ever been completely solved?
Or is anyone here game to say that VISTA is error-free?
David D