[Year 12 SofDev] Outcome 1

Fiona Mackenzie fionamc at leonsec.vic.edu.au
Tue Mar 6 13:29:16 EST 2007

hi all,

I'm in the process of revamping the ZOOM SAC (class is full of boys interested in V8 Supercars). I'm not sure who created the original SAC - but it was someone on the list (thankyou very much).
Attached is a copy of where I am so far - any suggestions greatfully received.

regards
Fiona Mackenzie

>>> <gordonp at horsham-college.vic.edu.au> 03/06/07 11:33 AM >>>
Here's one that i'm currently working on David.

cheers                  gordon

"David Dawson" <dgdawson at mgs.vic.edu.au> on Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:36:11 +1100 wrote:

> I am just wondering how others are interpreting the requirements for
> Outcome 1.
> The *high* descriptor (see below) seems to imply a use of DFDs for
> analysis - yet these have traditionally always been used for process and
> data analysis. I am not sure if there is an intention that this be used
> in network description (possible but confusing) or whether it is just
> one element to be incorporated into O1 in analysis the Info System.
> Questions:
> 1. Other than a broad statement/diagram of topology is there an
> additional requirement for network logical design, such as use of a
> specific "tool".
> 2. Should we have a specific analysis of security elements in the
> outcome as part of the logical design?
> 3. Since "feasible" is mentioned should there be a feasibility analysis?
> 4. Apart from network diag, DFD and Data Dictionary are there other
> expected "tools"?
> 5. Has anyone yet developed a trial with these features?
>
> Here is the descriptor for a High mark on outcome 1 :
> "Coherent and comprehensive explanation of reasons for changing the
> existing networked information system. All data-collection methods to
> assist with the analysis are relevant. Detailed, complete and accurate
> documentation of the logical design of the existing information system
> indicates a thorough interpretation of its context and all of its
> processes and data flows. All processes, procedures or equipment that
> must be changed in order to fulfil the information system goal or
> objective are feasible and clearly articulated. A set of varied and
> appropriate tools are selected and all techniques are accurately applied
> to comprehensively document and describe all the physical specifications
> for the new or modified system. All descriptions are detailed and clear,
> and technically correct terminology is used."
>
> David Dawson

---
Gordon Poultney