[Year 12 SofDev] Pondering SD U3O2

gordonp at horsham-college.vic.edu.au gordonp at horsham-college.vic.edu.au
Wed Feb 14 16:03:46 EST 2007

David,
of course a browser is not a CLI, but the first language criteria is "develop a graphical user interface (GUI), for use in portable computing devices, such as laptops, personal digital assistants, gaming consoles, mobile phones"

So my interpretation (unweighed by any baggage of course!) is that we need to 'develop' a gui. There is no network requirement there or suchlike. I do think the world of PHP but let's be honest, it's strength is in the back end mysql processing.

My idea is for students to become conversant with basic programming concepts, with an emphasis on game development, within the confines of the study design.
cheers    gordon