[Year 12 SofDev] Pondering SD U3O2

gordonp at horsham-college.vic.edu.au gordonp at horsham-college.vic.edu.au
Wed Feb 14 10:38:09 EST 2007

Thanks for that Robert - well put. The language used is not that relevant except where it satisifies the criteria for the 'approved languages list'.
 And we all bring a certain amount of baggage to language decisions surely. While PHP is fresh for jaded teachers and elegant, i don't think it really meets the first criteria 'developing a GUI' as well as C++ or Java, VB etc. I'm not convinced the good old browser interface is in the spirit here ...

The kids just have to model a module for a handheld (or laptop!!). I'll be re-writing my old Maths Quiz (+,-,*,/ questions) program, with interface specs to simulate a handheld. VB will probably be the language of choice because it will do the job well.

But for my own interest, it'll be PHP for unit 2...
cheers             gordon