[Primaryit] Clouds on September 13, 2011

Fay Richardson fay at vitta.org.au
Fri Sep 2 21:01:08 EST 2011

The 2010 Horizon Report reported that:
“Cloud computing has transformed the way we think about computing and communication, data storage and access, and collaborative work. Cloud-based applications and services are available to many school students today, and more schools are employing cloud computing solutions all the time. What still remains to be developed is the capacity for the cloud to help students engage in real research and participate in global learning communities.”

In this session we will engage in a hands-on exploration of a number of Cloud Computing options with a particular emphasis on how they can be used with students.

DATE: Tuesday, September 13, 2011

TIME: 4:30 - 6:30pm

VENUE: The Gallery, Williamstown Primary School, Corner of Parker and Electra Streets, Williamstown
Ample parking available outside school, check signage.
Nearest railway station, Williamstown Beach.

MacBooks, online resources and afternoon tea included.

COST: Members $80, Non-Members $100

--
Fay Richardson
Professional Learning Manager