[Primaryit] (no subject)

Stephen Richards richards at creswickps.vic.edu.au
Mon May 1 16:33:23 EST 2006

Ahh - PDF.  I changed the .dat to .pdf and bingo - I have the paper!

As to why the renaming - could be your email app, could be the
listserver or it could be an ISP at fault.  I can say that this has
never happened before although I often have small winmail.dat files
accompanying emails from PC users.  These are usually only when there
are little smilies, or other graphics inserted in the .sig by the
sending app.

I suspect your email program because the file was attached as
"winmail.dat" and it sounds like a generic MS Outlook or similar
file.  (I'm on a Mac so very unlikely to have been named as such at
my end - but these are computers we're talking about so anything is
possible.)

Steve Richards