[Philosophy] Two questions

Ian Wilmoth iwilmoth at bigpond.net.au
Fri May 26 12:32:13 EST 2006

Hi All,

Couple of questions about Units 3 & 4 Philosophy:

1. Other ancient traditions are meant to be part of the course, yet I can't see that they have come up directly in past exams. Do other teachers cover this area in much detail and, if so, what texts do you use? And while ancient traditions are referred to as part of Unit 3 and the Good Life, they could equally be relevant to Unit 4 in relation to dualism.  Should they be discussed in relation to both?

2. In relation to Mind, Body and Soul, what do the Greeks say about where the soul goes to after death? Does it go first to Hades, then to the next world, and then back again?  If it comes back again, where does it come back to and why?

Any help on either of these questions would help me, a first year teacher, who is teaching outside my methods on this one.

Cheers,

Ian.

Ian Wilmoth

ian at ianwilmoth.com