[Philosophy] Course Review

Greyruin greyruin at gdurkin.com
Tue Feb 21 23:09:11 EST 2006

I do agree, Richard. The King is great - but irrelevant, and I have to
confess that the Murdoch just seems murky. Right, let's get back to
practising philosophy, not just memorising stuff. I know, it hurts the kids
who can only memorise, but, then, I've always felt uncomfortable about
tennis. Seems that all that attention to ball skills and being able to belt
the jolly thing back at 250 m per second, or whatever, basically
inconvenienced us skinny intellectual dudes with thin wrists and spaghetti
arms.

The Turing is good - but leave out the objections, right. My kids thought
that was pointless. I'm not sure about dumping Aristotle altogether, though.
We could look at his logic, perhaps. Yes, on Kuhn. Find something more
closely connected with Popper. That's a bit strained at the moment. How long
do we have to make a plea?

Greg