[Philosophy] RE: Yr 11 Exam

lr at willihigh.vic.edu.au lr at willihigh.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 25 10:40:02 EST 2005

would love to work on videos and movies with you.  i had success with "i, robot" (also used extracts from the short stories) as well as star trek and simpsons episodes plus "identity".  i have some great powerpoints on other religions/traditions that my year 12s made - i'll bring them with me as well as the assignment i gave them to do.

"Richard O'Donovan" <r.odonovan at fhs.vic.edu.au> on Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:58:15 +1000 wrote:
> Well it looks like there'll be a few of us there at least!  Has anyone received a program yet for what's on when?  I have to pick my two days carefully - although my main motiviation is the curriculum swapping opportunities!  It's been great being able to dip into Lyn's et al. Yr 11 stuff this year when I've found myself in a last minute pickle.  I've got a few assingments and powerpoint presentations to contribute this time around, and I'll put everything I collect onto the website after the PD (assum>
> I'm going to try a few multiple choice questions on my exam - if only for a touch of marking sanity - along with short answers and one longer piece.
>
> Incidentally, would anyone be interested in collaborating on writing philosophy curriculla based on certain movies?  My kids responded quite well to Bicentennial Man & some other odds and ends (Penn & Teller's BullSh!t, John Saffron vs. God etc.) - but having the time (and energy) to construct thorough mini-units around them has been problematic for me, and I don't know that I'm putting my efforts into the best materials available; so if anyone would be interested in sharing the load of tying such thin>
> Richard

---
lr at willihigh.vic.edu.au
http://www.willihigh.vic.edu.au/