[Philosophy] RE: It starts...

Richard O'Donovan rodonovan at fhs.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 25 10:20:02 EST 2005

Hi everyone.

I like the fireplace aphorism Greg!  I don't suppose you have a handout or any such thing with your historical comparisons... ;-)  I'm on the scrounge for whatever I can get and post!!

Jean, I've got a copy of both Philosophy Files and Philosophy Gym - the Files comes across as pretty heavily dumbed down, which I doubt will wash well with my 11's, and much of it is repeated (in a more palatable form) in the Gym book.  I've just used the Utilitarian chapter as the basis for some notes (containing a few scenarios about conjoint twins etc.) that I just gave to my class.  Once I've finished typing them up I'll post them on the website in case they may be of use to anyone else (www.fhs.vic.edu.au/philosophy).

What sort of activities (if any) are you using with your logic stuff Emmanuel?

Richard