[Philosophy] It starts...

Richard O'Donovan rodonovan at fhs.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 25 10:20:02 EST 2005

Greetings all!

Well, the adventure has begun.  I'm a philosophy newbie, so it's proving interesting coming up with classroom activities that actually work!  If anyone has any suggestions I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one keen to hear them!!  I've put a set of 4 overheads onto the website for a session I ran on the Ethics of Eating Meat - I showed the argument for, got the kids to discuss flaws in the argument (in groups of 4) and then went through the responses with them.  This worked reasonably well and took a full period.  I followed up with a journal question of "why is it OK to eat ham-burgers but not brain-dead-orphan-burgers?".

All comments, suggestion and contributions to the website gratefully received!!

Cheers for now,

Richard