[Opensource] Running windows applications seamlessly inside Linux

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri May 2 07:43:01 EST 2008

This is a fascinating tutorial. I cannot wait to give this a try using
Ubuntu boot on my laptop or desktop at home. This will give me a workaround
to running things like our reporting system on a Linux desktop without
needing to reboot the computer. A seamless desktop is the way to go. Think
of how Macintosh users have been able to use parallels to run Windows
applications seamlessly and you get the idea. :-)
     http://lifehacker.com/367714/run-windows-apps-seamlessly-inside-linux

Last year I had fun teaching students how to use virtual machines to give
them exposure to installing and playing about with different operating
systems. Whilst we have been using VMWare to create virtual servers for our
enterprise setup, I'll switch to using VirtualBox.

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au