[Opensource] Re: An XO / Sugar gathering?

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 11:24:38 EST 2008

Great idea.

It would be a great advantage to bring together as many XO-1 users at
once (or their laptops) so we can update the firmware and software. I
was really surprised to see how many goodies were on the laptops that
we used at the VITTA conference that I had missed.

Hmm, how about around the second week of January or third week of
February. Happy to offer my school in Clayton South as a venue as we
are going through a huge equipment rollover and I could use the
distraction. We could combine it with a Moodle moot that was planned
or leave it for another time or followup restaurant fellowship
meeting.

Regards Roland

On 14/12/2008, Donna Benjamin <donna at cc.com.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> who is interested in getting together in the next couple of weeks to
> test the new XO firmware, and latest release of Sugar?
>
> People with XO's strongly encouraged to come - or at least send their
> machines along for a playdate/upgrade. Anyone else interested can test
> sugar on fedora and ubuntu machines.  There are also sugar on a stick
> (USB) and LiveCD projects to test/experiment/develop without the XO
> hardware.
>
> The School Server (XS) runs moodle among other things...
>
> I want to get a regular melbourne meet going around Sugar/OLPC
>
> A Wellington nz mob meets regularly to do testing, and I believe there's
> a similar group in Adelaide.
>
> A few of us with machines have had small informal get togethers - but
> I'd really like to make a more co-ordinated tilt.
>
> Whose in?  (Please forward to others you know who may be interested!)
>
> - Donna
>
> --
> Donna Benjamin - Executive Director
> Creative Contingencies - http://cc.com.au
> ph +61 3 9326 9985 - mob +61 418 310 414
> open source - facilitation - web services

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead