[Opensource] Dell computers with Ubuntu available

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue May 29 23:03:57 EST 2007

Some interesting news, cross posted from another news list. We are exploring
the purchase of a mobile set for a basic type of cybercafe. Interesting to
spot the price discount. My student technicians even suggested that these
might be easier to lock down and use than a Vista equivalent.

Regards Roland

=== Dell computers with Ubuntu available ===

The long awaited release of Dell computers preinstalled with Ubuntu
was this week, with Dell announcing three different models, two
desktops and one laptop. All three laptops contain mostly Intel parts,
with the two desktops using Core 2 Duos. All models are priced about
$50 USD cheaper than  the equivalent Vista models. Currently they only
available in the US, although Dell representatives in at least Canada
and Australia have confirmed that they will be available in those
countries. You can see more at http://www.ubuntu.com/dell and you can
purchase the models at http://www.dell.com/open.

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au