[Offtopic] Ultranet Training Day

Cameron Bell bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Aug 10 09:21:26 EST 2010

Thanks for that Kevork. :)
We actually got some valuable feedback on what staff feel they need in an ongoing sense to make it work here.
My notes make a valuable case to make to the school admin and leadership team for ongoing time - it was probably quite good that the Prin team was away to be honest as people had no hesitations in speaking freely.
I think that you can only show so much Web2.0 stuff and justifying etc and at some point you need to address the human element and administrative issues in implementing the UN. Getting that right is crucial. We saw through our Studywiz implementation what worked and what didn't. Why it worked in some schools and not as well in others.
We are very lucky to have had that experience and to have had the opportunity to learn from it.
I also focussed very much on emphasising the positives but not ignoring the issues and problems.
So I would summarise the day as "successful" as well, although I don't think we should ever forget the original purpose of the day and that we have lost that time for good.
Hope things are going well over there for you!  :D
Cheers mate
Cameron