[Offtopic] Google & April Fool's Day

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Fri Apr 2 11:42:12 EST 2010

Hi all,

Google loves April Fool's Day .. this year .. it's Google 'Romance' ..

 <http://www.google.com/romance>

(Quote) "Pin All Your Romantic Hopes on Google. When you think about it,
love is just another search problem. And we’ve thought about it. A lot.
Google Romance™ is our solution. Google Romance is a place where you can
post all types of romantic information and, using our Soulmate Search™,
get back search results that could, in theory, include the love of your
life.

With Google Romance, you can: Upload your profile – tell the world who
you are, or, more to the point, who you’d like to think you are, or, even
more to the point, who you want others to think you are. Search for love
in all (or at least a statistically significant majority of) the right
places with Soulmate Search, our eerily effective psychographic
matchmaking software .."

And, when you enter any search term into Google Romance, you end up with:

Romance Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server. This means that you
either:

Fell for our April Fool’s joke, in which case ha ha, wasn't that amusing
and harmless and mostly in good taste and not all psychologically
damaging under various and sundry aspects of contemporary tort law,
please don't sue us; or

Are genuinely enjoying, or least momentarily tolerating, our April Fool’s
joke and wanted to surf your way into its every last nook and cranny, in
which case

..ha ha, wasn't that amusing and harmless and mostly in good taste and
not all psychologically damaging under various and sundry aspects of
contemporary tort law, please don't sue us; and/or

you might want to take a trip down our April Fool’s memory lane, here:

 <http://www.google.com/googlegulp>

or here:

 <http://www.google.com/jobs/lunar_job.html>

or here: