[Offtopic] Netbooks/Laptops/Notebooks program Year 7 next year

Kevork Krozian K.Krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
Fri Oct 30 10:57:54 EST 2009

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the cross posts.

We are at an important crossroad/milestone in our school regarding Netbooks/Laptops/Notebooks for Year 7 next year.

We are committed to introducing new Netbooks/Laptops/Notebooks in 2010 which students keep, take home, are responsible for and need to manage. I know it sounds like horse before cart but we are determined to make it work.

We are keen hear from any other school expecially regarding any pitfalls, issues, preferred choices for brands, reliability, service, software and hardware, application installations, warranties etc etc.

I would say feel free to email me off list but I am sure others would like to hear about these experiences for their own research also.

As usual if none of this interests a subscriber there is the delete button.

With thanks
Kevork Krozian
Digital Learning Manager
Forest Hill College