[Offtopic] Robotics hardware and software choices , capabilities and pricing

Kevork Krozian K.Krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
Wed Oct 28 12:23:40 EST 2009

Hi  Folks,

    Our Science and IT departments are linking up to set up robotics as a topic and then elective for possible inclusion next year.
We had a demo by one supplier yesterday and I am keen to seek any other advice from those more experienced in these areas.
 Can I ask what types of robotics hardware and software choices and capabilities schools who have travelled down this path have taken ?
What levels they have taught these at and positives and negatives of their implementation ?

With thanks

Kevork Krozian
Digital Learning Manager
Forest Hill College