FW: [Offtopic] Netbooks/Laptops/Notebooks program Year 7 next year

Malcolm Rivett M.Rivett at fhc.vic.edu.au
Mon Nov 2 09:09:52 EST 2009

That's correct it appears Kahootz won't run on a net book, this is due to the native resolution of the notebook's screen.

You can by pass the installation process for issues where larger screen resolution is required, by attaching a computer screen to the net book, which works great to install adobe CS3, as once the installation is complete, you are no longer prompted with the warning. However when you do this with kahootz, after the installation, it still continues to prompt you, however you get the option to continue, but the screen prevents you from being able to select all the buttons.

I believe Kahootz could fix this problem by creating a modified interface of their current version, to allow the smaller screen resolution.

Cheers

Malcolm Rivett
IT Customer Technician

Forest Hill College