[Offtopic] Ultranet tender announced

Wayne Hewett staffwhe at rsc.vic.edu.au
Thu May 28 17:00:27 EST 2009

Did anyone see this on Zdnet?

"CSG nabs Ultranet front seat"

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/CSG-nabs-Ultranet-front-seat/0,130061733,339296652,00.htm

Regards

Wayne Hewett

ITChappie at Rosebud Secondary.

-----Original Message-----
From: offtopic-bounces at edulists.com.au on behalf of Alan Oh
Sent: Thu 28/05/2009 2:25 PM
To: Information Technology Teachers' Offtopic Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Offtopic] Klingon for Westall Technicians

Live long an prosper.

Best regards,

Alan Oh

IT Dept

________________________________

From: offtopic-bounces at edulists.com.au
[mailto:offtopic-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Jim Maunder
Sent: Thursday, 28 May 2009 8:26 AM
To: Information Technology Teachers' Offtopic Mailing List

After all these years the penny has dropped - there are in fact Klingons
among us here on Earth - and they mostly work as teachers.

Consider the standard Klingon 'greeting' (or more exactly, words spoken
upon encountering another being if they think a verbal response is
warranted) of 'What do you want?' Isn't this what teachers say to
students? See, they are Klingons. Think about how Klingons regard as
'comfort' - a flat hard surface to sit on - much like what students use
when waiting outside the level co-ordinators' office.

Many other bits of evidence will float up through my consciousness I'm
sure, but that is enough to convince me.

carry on ...

Capt. James T Maunder

We have to use this Disclaimer

Views, opinions, etc. expressed reflect those of the author and not
Ruyton Girls' School

Jim Maunder
Laptop Technician
Ruyton Girls School
Melbourne, Australia
ph 9290 9374

>>> Roland Gesthuizen<rgesthuizen at gmail.com> 27/05/2009 11:50 PM >>>
If MIT professors can live out their fantasy and become a "Klingon" so
must the technicians at my school.

All I need is a bat'leth and a song to help clear the corridors on yard
duty. :-)

http://henryjenkins.org/2009/05/my_secret_life_as_a_klingon.html

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead

DISCLAIMER:  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete it immediately and notify the system administrator on postmaster at wcc.vic.edu.au.

WARNING: Although the college has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the college cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.