[Offtopic] Klingon for Westall Technicians

Jim Maunder techo at ruyton.vic.edu.au
Thu May 28 08:25:34 EST 2009

After all these years the penny has dropped - there are in fact Klingons among us here on Earth - and they mostly work as teachers.

Consider the standard Klingon 'greeting' (or more exactly, words spoken upon encountering another being if they think a verbal response is warranted) of 'What do you want?' Isn't this what teachers say to students? See, they are Klingons. Think about how Klingons regard as 'comfort' - a flat hard surface to sit on - much like what students use when waiting outside the level co-ordinators' office.

Many other bits of evidence will float up through my consciousness I'm sure, but that is enough to convince me.

carry on ...
Capt. James T Maunder

We have to use this Disclaimer

Views, opinions, etc. expressed reflect those of the author and not
Ruyton Girls' School

Jim Maunder
Laptop Technician
Ruyton Girls School
Melbourne, Australia
ph 9290 9374

>>> Roland Gesthuizen<rgesthuizen at gmail.com> 27/05/2009 11:50 PM >>>
If MIT professors can live out their fantasy and become a "Klingon" so must the technicians at my school.

All I need is a bat'leth and a song to help clear the corridors on yard duty. :-)

http://henryjenkins.org/2009/05/my_secret_life_as_a_klingon.html

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead