[Offtopic] ISA 2004 and Google searching...

Wayne Hewett staffwhe at rsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Mar 16 16:45:20 EST 2009

Hi all... sorry didn't know if the technical list was still going.

We are having issues with our newly installed ISA 2004 server when users search the internet using google. It takes between 30 and 60 seconds to return the search findings.
We use the Netspace ISP and our upstream proxy is pointed to filter.netspace.net.au      Port 8080
If we bypass the ISA and point straight to Netspace, it is not a problem.
All other sites operate as normal, it is just Google. We know of 2 other schools having similar problems.

Wayne Hewett
ICT coordinator  (again)
Rosebud Secondary College