[Offtopic] Re: Japanese Spacecraft Set to Hit the Moon

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 15:16:20 EST 2009

Good question .. I bet the climate change deniers will make whatever mileage
they can from the paperclip variation in the moons orbit that is detected
and the need for further research. The reality is that any variation in the
orbit started long before the crash as the satellite and moon began their
joint orbital dance of death.

There is a moon-quake seismograph on the moon left after the Apollo
missions. They did use this to detect the empty Apollo lander craft that
crashed onto the moon after the impacted the surface. I am curious if it is
still working (albeit it may no longer be working)

I will run both thoughts past a good friend of mine, Ross who has a sound
physics background and is president of the ASV cosmological society.

Regards Roland