[Offtopic] IWB "Taster" Session

Mark Richardson mark.at.vitta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 11:42:30 EST 2009

Would you like to extend your Interactive Whiteboard skills and share
ideas with other educators? The
ANSN are starting up a IWB Hub in its new training centre at
Williamstown Primary School. The Australian
National Schools Network have been running successful Interactive
Whiteboard Professional Development
for the last three years in Australia with over 250 teachers taking
part.
“The Hub has given me time and a context to talk with other teachers
at more or less the same stage of
development in their IWB skills – to share ideas and resources as we
learned how to design and produce
programs and flipcharts for our own classroom contexts, and to give
and receive feedback. The networking
that we developed in the Hub has continued and I anticipate that we
will sustain it into the new year and
beyond.” Dean, Mackellar Primary School
Mackellar Primary School has been part of the ANSN Interactive
Whiteboards Hub during 2008. Dean and
his school continue to extend their learning and experience through
their Hub membership.
HUB Aims:
• To build a learning and sharing community where ideas and good
practice can be shared in a supportive
environment
• Deliver a comprehensive training program so you will have confidence
using your Interactive Whiteboard
• Explore a full range of Interactive Whiteboard capabilities
• Share resources with other teachers to use back at school
Term One Dates and Location:
Williamstown Primary School, Cecil Street, Williamstown 3016
Session one: 26th February 3.45pm to 5.30pm
Session Two: 26th March 3.45pm to 5.30pm
Cost for two sessions: $40 per teacher or book two places and the
third place is free.
Single session: $25
Registration: To register for this course please email Kate Cooper,
National IWB HUB
Co-ordinator kate.cooper at ansn.edu.au

Kind Regards
Mark

Mark Richardson
Professional Learning Office
Victorian Information Technology Teachers Association

T: +61 3 9495 6836
F: +61 3 9495 6834
M: +61(0)404 460 845
E: mark at vitta.org.au