[Offtopic] Computing Quirks

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Tue Dec 22 01:30:00 EST 2009

Hi all,

Just thought i'd pass these two computer tips on .. maybe you weren't
aware .. and would appreciate any other tips PC colleagues might have?

1. If you have a mouse with a scroll wheel, and want a closer look at
webpages, simply hold down 'Control' (Ctrl) and scroll-wheel in & out.

2. Every so often, take a peek at Windows > Control Panel > Scheduled
Tasks .. you might be surprised at what is there. For example, Google
just love to quietly sneak-in hourly & daily Google update tasks, and
so do other companies. Just highlight them and delete them. The tasks
they quietly get my computer to do seem a little cheeky in my opinion.
I certainly did NOT ask any company to have my computer 'call' anyone,
not even Microsoft, though, you might want to leave MSoft one's there.

3. To find how many seconds till Xmas, click on Google's "I'm Feeling
Lucky" without entering any text in the search box. Instant countdown.

Any more?

Cheers,
Stephen