[Offtopic] RE: [Year 12 IT Apps] Pay Deal

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Thu May 22 09:55:46 EST 2008

Hi Folks,

 Moving this to the offtopic list offtopic at edulists.com.au . You can join at www.edulists.com.au if not a subscriber already.
See you there.

Regards

Kevork

>>> "Tony Beggs" <TBeggs at stpats.vic.edu.au> 21/05/2008 7:30 pm >>>
Dear Reader
I know I shouldn't interfere but I can sense the frustration growing by many trusty users of this mailing list and all my friends in the public sector - which I was a part of for a dozen years.

Twice the general secretary of the state union has produced a result which suggests collusion with the state government - or incompetence in basic arithmetic

*
	She needs to be replaced - she should resign if she senses that she does not represent the body of the union
*
	The agreement on the table needs to be opposed by the rank and file teacher
*
	The argument needs to move from wage rates (as the government sees it - to a public sector body - (that means the government sees us as a mass of employees, not professional educators improving the efficiency, outcome and lifestyle of the labour force and students in this country) to the value of education in this country
*
	The argument needs to recognise the value of education that overseas governments have given in the last decade and the success of those countries and economies due to those specific governments' decisions

Look I will post this to the other bulletin board but we can't ignore the feeling behind the last couple of weeks which this user list has exposed. Like it or lump it this ITApps email list has been annoying but also it has been a life blood for passionate educationalists. Sometimes we need to break the rules to get a message across.

Tony Beggs

St Patrick's College Ballarat