[Offtopic] What would happen at your school?

Preston, Alan D preston.alan.d at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Jun 26 23:41:04 EST 2008

No 2: Limiting students to 4 Unit3/4 subjects is ridiculous. One slip up and they are stuffed. Good students can miss out on up to 10 marks for their ENTER (eg 10% of 5th and 6th subject); I'm sure this will impress parents! Doing a unit 3/4 subject in Yr 11 gives good students a challenge and prepares all students for the next year (eg exam prepn., revision, handling stress, etc)

No 1:I teach a 5 period day and it is much more relaxed; less student movement, less different classes to prepare for and less settling time.

Alan