[Offtopic] Christmas bloatware

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 12:43:59 EST 2008

(Just forking a nice discussion on the eChalk list. )

In ye olde days of lore, I once used this simple, DOS command line word
processor. Nice to explore how this works with your students.
     c:\>type con>lpt1:
     Press Ctrl-Z to exit (EOF)

You can now run and use WordStar to your heart's content. with FreeDos 1.0.
We had fun using this at school last year, building a small virtual machine
with Virtual Box. Even Python can run on FreeDos.  :-)
     http://www.freedos.org/

Thats the nice thing about a scripted languages like Python and Logo. You
can fiddle about with single line commands, trying things out. Baby steps
are a great way to learn.
     Print "Hello, World!"

I am currently trying to follow the instructions to reassemble a giant
spingless trampoline.  We did all right last evening but the final assembly
was too big to take out of the garage.

Christmas bloatware, AGHHH!

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au