[Offtopic] Re: [Year 12 IT Apps] Totally Offtopic- Real Life Games

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 12:29:25 EST 2007

Hello movers and shakers ;-)

I reckon this would be a fun project if you run it as a wiki with Wikispaces
and set yourself up with a blog using Edublogs . Both can be configured and
locked down to your class group only. (we do it internally with Moodle)

   - http://www.edublogs.org/
   - http://www.wikispaces.com/

This is part of a cool set of videos that explains why they should consider
using these web2.0 tools. It explains why a wiki is a ctool for planning a
project for organising a camping ativitity, social networking etc.
(TeacherTube has downloadable copies of these videos too)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-dnL00TdmLY Wikis in Plain
English<http://youtube.com/watch?v=-dnL00TdmLY>
 http://youtube.com/watch?v=6a_KF7TYKVc Social Networking in Plain
English<http://youtube.com/watch?v=6a_KF7TYKVc&mode=related&search=>
As a starter, you could consider adapting this cool activity for planning a
huge activity using a spreadsheet. I find that they relate to this better
than using a speadsheets for balance a budget. My students dont relate all
that well to money saving strategies .. they just want more of it.

   - instructables : How to Organize and Cook Holiday Dinner for a
Crowd<http://www.instructables.com/id/E7YI0IFN8XEV2Z4ZPX/>

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au