[Offtopic] Re: [Year 12 SofDev] cases21

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Mon May 14 15:42:30 EST 2007

Hi Anton,

 Just shifting this to the offtopic list as I reply.

 We moved to A plus which is linked to First Class the time tabling
program simply to reduce the number of databases in the school ( as well
as provide sufficient functionality ). The issue with Cases 21 is, is
there an interface for staff to use the roll marking part of it easily
? Secondly, it has to be accessed only from the Admin network. Are there
enough machines in enough locations for this ? You can kiss goodbye to
remote access for a start.

 By releasing staff from these two limitations, a nice web based all
permeating solution can be implemented where staff can not only mark
rolls from any machine on the web anywhere including at home, but also
look up timetables for students and teachers amongst other things such
as attendance history etc.
The Electronic Roll Marking project is documented at
http://www.sofweb.vic.edu.au/wellbeing/welfare/elect_roll.htm
and includes Guidelines for Vendors creating roll marking products.

Good luck
Kevork

>>> kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au 14/05/2007 1:58 pm >>>
Does _anyone_ use CASES21 for _anything_ they don't _have_ to?

It's a nasty, nasty beast.

If you want an attendance system, consider IDattend.

www.kbsoft.com.au/IDAttend.htm

We use it.  It's great.

MArk

Anton Yoxon wrote:
> Hi everyone, the Principal at my school has asked me about changing
the
> schools rolls system to cases21.  Our present system is web based
using
> oracle and allows heaps of functions for teachers, coordinators admin
etc.
> Can anyone assist me as to whether this would be a good thing or not.

> Presently the only drawback with our system is with human data entry
errors.
> I would really appreciate any feedback.  I am absolutely scared at
the whole
> change over process and all the retraining etc that would occur.
>
> with thanks
>
> Anton Yoxon
> Learning Technologies Manager
> yoxon.anton.w at edumail.vic.gov.au
>

> Anton Yoxon
> Learning Technologies Manager
> yoxon.anton.w at edumail.vic.gov.au

Authority and
Teachers Association Inc

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000 << new number!
School Fax   +613 9578 9253

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IPM Mailing List

Doctor - We must all face reality sooner or later.
Dowd   - I wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm happy to

say I won out over it.  ('Harvey', 1950)