[Offtopic] Well done VTCU and VicSuper

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed May 9 22:07:15 EST 2007

Hi all,

Hearty congratulations to the Victorian Teachers Credit Union for being
named as Credit Union of the Year by the influential Australian Financial
Review Smart Investor publication. This is indeed a great achievement in
a tough, competitive market. Although I no longer have anything financial
to do with them, having been a past member, I guess like many here, one
knows how good they are and imho richly deserve this award. Well done.

I also guess many here will know that VicSuper have done well in terms of
member returns in the last 12 months. The default (growth) option returns
have been 12.3% :-) This means for a smallish fund, they have been batting
way above average for their members. Sure they've not matched Australian
Super with a 13.7% return for members over the past 12 months, but to be
fair, AustralianSuper are by far the biggest Australian fund, and their
member returns this year ranks them tenth of all the Aussie super funds.

Very well done to these two Victorian 'Teacher related' financial groups!

They were both initially intended for Vic teachers, and, although are now
open to anyone, their membership is still by far mostly Victorian workers.

Ahh, we Victorian Teachers do things well when we do them, don't we just?

(And maybe this email wins the annual Offtopic list Most OffTopic award?)

Cheers all :-)
Stephen Loosley
Victoria, Australia