[Offtopic] Yahoo's unlimited email

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 13:37:00 EST 2007

Bravo Stephen!

As I am at pains to point out to my colleagues here, the cost of buying a
commercial office and word processing package is equal to the annual salary
of a teacher at our sister school in Cambodia. It is empowering to see the
work by the KhmerOS team that has helped bridge a digital divide by drawing
upon the talents freely offered by expatriate and local members to make
versions of OpenOffice and other packages in their own language. I am
working with another computer manager on a pacific island who is testing an
Ubuntu distribution for their old computers.

They don't need a charitable hand-out, just an opportunity to take dignified
step forward with some free technical support, understanding and information
that runs free!

Regards Roland