[Offtopic] Yahoo's unlimited email

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 21:57:02 EST 2007

On 3/28/07, Cameron Bell <bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:
> Yahoo are now offering unlimited email storage.
> They say it is in response to a growing number of people that use their
> email as cheap online storage.
> Does anyone have a unit along the lines of "organising your life and
> work flow through email"?
> Are we still teaching File organisation with folders and mapped drives
> and e-lockers when we should maybe be looking at "managing your files
> with email"?
> Where it was once "File- Save As" its now "Righto class email your work
> to yourselves...."

Surely this is purely because no-one (well, apart from apple, but
no-one uses them anyway) has created an easy to use, workable online
storage system? That said, I have a label (labels are a godsend
compared to folders) in my gmail account called 'files' which gets
automatically assigned to any messages I send to myself. Maybe instead
of encouraging this ugly usage of the email system, we could just wait
another year or two until the desktop and the internets converge?
It'll happen real soon now, I promise.

vik