[Offtopic] GLOBE at night

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 19:28:11 EST 2007

Cool, tell us how you go. I have had fun trying this myself with a plain old
happy-snap digital camera. Here is a slideshow of my efforts at
astrophotography, it includes some pictures of the recent comet.
     http://flickr.com/photos/plakboek/tags/astrophotography/show/

Somebody once described to me a home made device for mounting a digital
camera to track stars, from memory two hinged blocks of wood with a wingnut
that you turn at the same rate as the second hand on your watch. Trick was
to get the measurements right. I have never had the patience but seem to do
well enough with shots lasting a few seconds.

Regards Roland