[Offtopic] MS Office $75 for uni students

Cameron Bell bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Mar 6 20:13:45 EST 2007

 From what I read around the forums and mags, it often seems that Mac
users are on their own wherever they are. I've gained the impression
that Apple customer support isn't the best. (A recent report named Apple
as one of Australia's top companies for customer complaints - mainly
about iPods). Seems if you have a real problem you only get a result
from Apple if you start your own website bagging them. (Like the iPod
Batteries site)
That is my only concern about getting a mac.
For what its worth, I wouldn't bother with Edubuntu, just go for Ubuntu,
install the education packages and edubuntu themes and you get the same
result. There seems to be better support on forums etc for Ubuntu rather
than Edubuntu.
Cheers
Cameron